arc42: Effective, lean and pragmatic architecture documentation and communication
arc42 offers a clear, simple and effective structure to document and communicate your software system.
Compare the arc42 sections to the drawers of a cabinet. arc42 contains 12 such drawers, each one specialized to hold a specific kind of information about the architecture of a system.
arc42 is optimized for understandability and adequacy. It naturally guides you to explain any kind of architecture information or decision in an understandable way.
arc42 supports your style of working, your domain and your technology. Apply it in agile, lean or formal projects - you decide.
Why arc42?: What problems does arc42 solve?
One Minute Overview: arc42 illustrated on a single page.
Main documentation website docs.arc42.org, containing many examples
arc42 users like the understandability, that mainly results from its standardized structure.
But what they really love is the manageable effort it takes to create and maintain arc42-based architecture documentation. We call it “painless documentation”, using the arc42 template does not require additional effort:
- You only describe things that your stakeholders really have to know.
- You explain facts and issues that are necessary to understand the system or individual design decisions.
- You only keep track of important architecture decision that you had to make anyhow.
You want aweseome communication/documentation support for your system or your next project:
arc42 offers architecture training.Two expert trainers at all times, highly practical and pragmatic, ideal preparation for iSAQB CPSA-Foundation certification. Depending on the COVID-19 situation, some workshops might be conducted online.
Next available dates (in German):
- March 15-18 2022, Munich
- June 28-July 1st 2022, Frankfurt
- Sept 13-16th 2022, Frankfurt
- Nov 29th - December 2nd 2022, Munich
iSAQB Advanced Topics
IMPROVE: Learn to effectively evolve and maintain systems.
- May 16.-18. 2022, Frankfurt (Gernot Starke and Peter Hruschka)
- Nov 22.-24. 2022, Hamburg (Carola Lilienthal with Gernot Starke)
Req4Arc: Getting your Requirements right.What to do if your requirements need improvement.
- March 2.-4. 2022, online (Peter Hruschka with Gernot Starke)
- Sept 21.-23 2022, Frankfurt (Peter Hruschka with Gernot Starke)
ADOC: Architecture DocumentationHow to efficiently and effectively create and maintain useful technical documentation.
- May 19.-20th 2022, Frankfurt (Gernot Starke and Peter Hruschka)
- Sept 19.-20th 2022, Frankfurt (Gernot Starke and Peter Hruschka)
Early bird rates available. Contact us for inhouse training.