We stand with the people of Ukraine
Please assist humanitarian efforts for the Ukrainian people and those affected by the military invasion of Ukraine by supporting international aid organizations, including the International Committee of the Red Cross.
We provide you with the arc42 template for architecture documentation - Open Source, pragmatic, free of charge. You fill it with your architecture decisions - Simple, effective and painless.
We have successfully trained hundreds of people in our proven Mastering Software Architectures workshop. Practical, effective and sustainable. Perfectly prepares for the iSAQB Foundation certification.
- We now have Czechian (CZ, translated by Jakub RC) and Ukrainian (UA, translated by @BulykIvan, supported by @visenger) versions of arc42 available, together with DE, EN, ES, IT and NL!
- The new book as ideal preparation for iSAQB certification: Software Architecture Foundation.
- Even more examples of arc42 in the book arc42 by Example - Vol 2. Embedded Systems and IoT.
arc42 is systematic but flexible. Suitable for large and small teams in iterative or less agile processes.
arc42 reading material
There is a lot to read about arc42 and architecture. From methodology to good practices to complete examples of software architectures. Browse our books, articles, talks or videos.
arc42 is based on practical experience of many systems in various domains, from information and web systems, real-time and embedded to business intelligence and data warehouses.
arc42 provides a template for documentation and communication of software and system architectures.
arc42 supports arbitrary technologies and tools.
arc42 is completely process-agnostic, and especially well-suited for lean and agile development approaches.
arc42 is open-source and can be used free of charge, in commercial and private situations. See our license page for details.
arc42 offers architecture training.Two expert trainers at all times, highly practical and pragmatic, ideal preparation for iSAQB CPSA-Foundation certification.
Next available dates (in German):
- March 28-31st 2023, Munich (fully booked, waiting list available)
- June 27-30 2023, Frankfurt/Main (fully booked, waiting list available)
- Sept 12-15 2023, Frankfurt/Main
- Dec 5-8 2023, Munich
iSAQB Advanced Topics
IMPROVE: Learn to effectively evolve and maintain systems.
- June 19-21 2023, Mannheim (Gernot Starke with Peter Hruschka)
- Nov 28-30 2023, Hamburg (Carola Lilienthal with Gernot Starke)
Req4Arc: Getting your Requirements right.What to do if your requirements need improvement.
- May 22-24 2023, Frankfurt (Peter Hruschka with Gernot Starke)
- September 5-7 2023, Frankfurt (Peter Hruschka with Gernot Starke)
ADOC: Architecture DocumentationHow to efficiently and effectively create and maintain useful technical documentation.
Early bird rates available. Contact us for inhouse training.