Version 7.0, released January 20th 2017.
Confluence versions are generated with help and come in two flavors:
- flat: all sections on a single page
- structured: one Confluence page per arc42-section
These versions are generated for the latest version of confluence (we test with our own cloud-hosted confluence provided by Atlassian.)
Notes for Confluence users
If you consider to use confluence, the asciidoc2confluence script might be helpful.
There is also a confluence plugin available from the atlassian market place.
Legacy Version (arc42 v6) for Confluence
If you still use confluence version 4 or 5, these legacy downloads might help you
|Confluence version||Language||With Help|
These legacy versions have been provided (thanx!) by arc42 users - and can not be supported by us (as we don’t have access to these legacy Confluence versions).
Enterprise Architect© format
Enterprise Architect;copy; is a commercial UML modeling tool by SparxSystems.
The Enterprise-Architect version of arc42 contains only the diagram-intensive parts of the arc42 structure without help text. It’s available in EN only.
Please use this format only as a companion to any textual or wiki format, as it does not contain any explanations or rationales. Put your diagrams into an EA model, but text and tables should be created, kept and maintained differently.
|Enterprise Architect EAP|
|Short EA template: arc42-V6-short.eap.zip|
Formats for other modeling tools
We currently don’t support additional modeling tools - but would love to… In case you use arc42 with such a tool, please think about contributing :-)
Please contact us!
- Microsoft Word, usable with LibreOffice or OpenOffice
- Powerful yet simple markup language, used by arc42 itself. Ideally suited for architecture documentation. See docToolchain or the original source.
- Widespread and simple markup language, documented here by its inventor.
- No, not the rubber stuff, but the mother (despite TeX) of all markup languages, a full-blown document preparation system. For those who need beauty and are willing to invest some effort…
- ReStructuredText, markup language, heavily used by ReadTheDocs and in the Python world.
- Another simple markup language, well-documented.
- Used only to view the template, not to work with it.
- A commercial wiki system (by Atlassian Inc.).
arc42 offers architecture training and coaching.Two expert trainers at all times, highly practical and pragmatic, ideal preparation for iSAQB CPSA-Foundation certification.
Next dates (in German):
IMPROVE Advanced ArchitectureiSAQB CPSA-Advanced Training, IMPROVE module: Learn to effectively evolve and maintain systems.
- October 10.-12. 2017, Munich (Gernot Starke with Peter Hruschka)
- November 28.-30. 2017, Hamburg (Gernot Starke with Carola Lilienthal)